Sunday, June 17, 2012

Marathon Training week 3


‎"If the dance of the run isn’t fun, then discover another dance, because without fun the good of the run is undone, and a suffering runner always quits sooner or later." - Fred Rohe

I've almost decided to skip the Twin Cities Marathon. I feel ambivalent and discouraged about running. I'm not getting any better. I'm not losing any weight. I did poorly at Fargo. I just don't want to commit to running 5-10 miles during the week and then for 2-4 hours at a time on the weekend. It's so much time--it's all I'd do. Not like I'm doing anything fabulous instead of running, but it's fun to hang out with the neighbors after dinner or have a campfire or ride bikes with the kids. I feel like I don't have any interest in running that long or that often.

I am going to start swimming with Genesis Aquatics two mornings a week (after the family reunion) in July. I'm excited to get back to that. I've always loved swimming.

I wonder if I need to stop "competing" and just exercise for fun.


Sunday - Lots of resting here at the Solt house. Resting and fishing.
Monday - We spent the afternoon at Valley Fair with Nikki, Sonny & Scout.
Tuesday - Played at 2 different school playgrounds.
Wednesday - Spent some time at the zoo. It was raining.
Thursday - Stayed home most of the day. Swimming lessons for the kids.
Friday - Another 4 hours walking around Valley Fair
Saturday -

This might be the last "Marathon Training" post. After another week off, I might be ready to get out for some short runs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment