Wednesday, February 29, 2012

YMCA

I am up in Osakis visiting my family. Today, me, my mom and two sisters took the kids up to the Alexandria Area YMCA for a quick workout and swimming.

Big 1 and Big 2 are rock-star swimmers and love showing their skillz off to Grandma. While they were doing that, I was busy running 3 whole miles on the treadmill ... without stopping or walking at all!

I'm convinced running on that treadmill is just easier than the treadmill we have at home. It could have been the tv attached to the treadmill that made it easier. :) Or maybe ours needs a cleaning and some lube. Or maybe it was just a better treadmill. OR I'm getting better.

Doing this trip to the Y has proven to me that I need to stop scamming for a Y membership. There is no way on God's green (or white) earth that I could get 3 kids in and out of the pool by myself. Not a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! When mine were littler and wanted me to take them in the pool by myself I insisted they wear lifejackets. Full ski jackets. It was a little ridiculous but it's impossible to keep track of them because they have that whole independent movement thing happening. Also my eyes only point in one direction which prevents me from seeing whatever shenanigans are happening behind me. And I only have two kiddos.

    ReplyDelete