Monday, February 27, 2012

Yoga

I got Christine Felstead's Yoga for Runners for Christmas and have done it a couple times now. I have really enjoyed and benefitted from it. My back has been sore (more from the bed-sharing than running), and after one time of Legs Up the Wall and Spinal Twist, I'm a much happier mama.

Here are my favorite poses.

Foundation
  • Sitting Cross Legged
  • Hero Pose
  • Legs Up the Wall
Lower Back
  • Cat Stretch
  • Child's Pose
  • Spinal Twist
  • Downward Dog at the Wall
Hamstrings
  • Reclining Hamstring Stretch
  • Standing Forward Bend
  • Wide-Legged Forward Bend
Hips
  • Warrior Pose
  • Pigeon
  • Wide-Legged Side Angle (this has a different name)
  • Cow
  • Bound Angle Pose

I do have one complaint though: the instructor looks suicidal. I should search the interwebs to make sure she didn't die of melancholy. Seriously, it's a downer watching her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment