Sunday, April 22, 2012

13.1 Training - Week 8 - 4/22

I feel like I've had a rough couple weeks. Here's hoping next week is better.

Sunday - yoga: I have been doing some yoga poses, but nothing structured. I might stop saying I'm doing it, because I'm not really.

Monday - run 4.5: It was COLD. I wore tights and my lined shirt, gloves & my new pony tail hat. I felt good out there. Didn't take a watch, so I don't know how long it took. But I turned around where Bethany and I did the other night when we did 4.5, so I'm confident in the distance.

Tuesday - run 3: Today, all of us had a 3-mile run, so we decided to do it together. "No hills!" So, Jeremy led the way to the hilliest neighborhood in Prior Lake. Uphill, uphill, uphill. Downhill. Uphill, Uphill, downhill. Up a HUGE hill. Flat. Slight decline. Uphill. Home. A little more than 3. And he was about 1/2 mile ahead of me, Bethany & the double jogger. He's fast! He's gotten a lot faster since last summer. I hadn't seen him running since the Maple Grove Tri last Aug. It'll be fun to see him go "all out" in the Alex race. I'm hoping we can do more Family Runs this summer.

Wednesday - Nothing. I was supposed to do 4.5. And I knew we had a busy day planned, so I set my alarm for 6 to run before everything. However, it was downpouring when I got up. 

Thursday - Thought about doing my 4.5 from yesterday, but it was COLD and rainy most of the day.

Friday - run 5; walk 3: Bethany doesn't have class today, so she took all 3 kids to swimming lessons. I got some chores done around the house (sweep & mop the kitchen, vacuum the basement, make potato salad). Then she took Ivy & Jamey to the library, and I took Livy on my 8-miler. All I'm going to say is DISASTER. It turned into a 5-mile run and 3-mile walk holding a crying baby. I'm going to retry the 8 miles this weekend.

Saturday: Miscommunication about the schedule and weather here. No one got their workouts done.

Weekly Total: 15.5

1 comment:

  1. You ran three miles and walked 3 carrying a baby which is just as hard as running maybe more. It probably wasn't relaxing but that's 8 miles. 8 miles! Woohoo! 8 miles!

    ReplyDelete