Sunday, August 12, 2012

Leibster Award

I have been awarded a Leibster Award from Because Amy Says So. The Leibster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I'd be surprised if I have more than two. And those two are family and don't have a choice about following this little blog. 
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

There are rules for winning a Leibster Award, and here they are: 
  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
  3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
  4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
  5. Go to their page and tell them.
  6. No tag backs.
11 things about me

  1. I have a hard time thinking of things to say about myself, because everything seems so normal and ho-hum. 
  2. I haven't posted on this blog since the Fargo 13.1, because I have only done three runs since May. That race totally deflated any motivation and inspiration I had about running. So we've recently joined the Y, and I'm trying my hand at Spinning, Pilates, and Yoga. When the baby doesn't cry (and I get paged after 15 minutes of non-stop screaming). Also, I swam laps for an hour straight the other day.
  3. I'm a little embarrassed about how much I enjoy playing Tiny Tower on the phone. 
  4. The first book I ever bought with my own money was a Guinness Book of World Records from the Scholastica Book Sale in 3rd grade. 
  5. I don't really understand why cell phone and cable companies make us sign contracts. 
  6. I learned a TON reading the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community website tonight. I was reading it because we might head over to the wacipi this weekend.
  7. My favorite color is blue.
  8. I'd like to visit Italy, Israel, Greece, and Hawaii. And the Grand Canyon.
  9. I think I've signed up (or agreed to be on) a team for Ragnar next summer.
  10. My computer battery is dying and instead of plugging it in, I'm racing the battery to finish this thing. I have 3 minutes to come up with one more interesting tidbit about myself and hit Publish.
  11. I'm missing the toenail on my right big toe. 

11 questions from Because Amy Says So

  1. What is one personal goal that you have bouncing around in your head that you're a little afraid of telling anyone ... until now? I am not really a goal setter, as evidenced by the blog post I'm drafting about not meeting any of my goals for this year. 
  2. What is your favorite modern convenience that you're really happy somebody invented and couldn't live without? It's a toss-up: the iPhone, Roomba, washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, indoor plumbing, contacts (soon lasik), cars, the internet. 
  3. What is your absolute favorite junk food? This is an easy one: peanut butter and chocolate. Reese's Pieces, Peanut Butter M&Ms, a spoonful of JIF and some chocolate chips. Doesn't matter. I love it all!
  4. What is your least favorite household chore? Ironing or vacuuming.
  5. What is your favorite song/band right now? Jeremy is the music aficionado in this house. I've been listening to "Here Come the 123s" by They Might be Giants a lot lately.  
  6. Are you a bargin-hunter or a splurger? I'm a spender. Big time. Causes some problems in this house. 
  7. Who is somebody you know personally ... in real life who motivates you to be a better person? My dad. 
  8. Paper or plastic at the grocery store? Why? (ok just kidding on the why ... can you tell I'm running out of questions?) Plastic. Because they're recyclable. I read something on the internet (so I know it's true, because the internet is always right) that in the garbage dump, paper bags don't decompose because there's no air down there. At least we can use plastic bags in the bathroom garbage cans or to give back books and clothes we've borrowed. 
  9. What is one job/career that you are really thankful that somebody else does because you would really never, ever, ever want that job? Oh gosh, just about anything. I don't enjoy working at all. But how about anything that's ever been on Dirty Jobs
  10. Do you buy lottery tickets? Every so often, but buying lottery tickets requires cash, which I never carry. 
  11. What is your favorite piece of art you have in your home? Currently, there is a poster that our 4-yr old drew of my husband under a rainbow hanging on the door to the basement.

11 questions for my Leibster Winners

In case someone stumbles on this post and notices I've given them the Leibster, I'll post some questions. 
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. What is your "go to" destressing activity?
  3. How often do you eat spaghetti?
  4. What is the last book you've read?
  5. What does your car say about you?
  6. What is your favorite TV show?
  7. What is the best marriage advice you've ever gotten?
  8. What crafts do you do?
  9. Were/are birthdays a "big deal" when you were a kid? Are they now?
  10. Would you pee in the pool?
  11. What is the answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life?"

My Leibster Winners 

I'm not sure I'll contact any other blogs. I only follow about 5. So here those are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment