Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2012 Goals Reviewed

I had four goals for this year. 

2012 Goals
1. Join a running club - group run 1/week

2. Run a marathon
3. Meet my weight goal 123-154
4. Swim with Genesis Aquatics 2/week

And how am I doing? Ha ha ha.

1. I tried to join the running club at the local running store. The few groups I called about were for faster runners. The slowest group was for 9-10 min/miles. That's fast to me, so that didn't work out. Then I did go with the another running club a few times. A couple Saturday morning runs and a couple midweek runs. Everyone there was running 7-8 min/miles. And let me tell you, there's nothing worse than being super slow and knowing the speedies are waiting for you in the Caribou parking lot. 

2. I ran the Fargo 13.1 and we all know how that turned out. No chance I'm running a marathon this year. And maybe never. That Fargo race totally deflated me. I'm currently focusing on trying to lose weight and enjoy working out. There is a 13.1 real close to us, and I toyed with the idea of doing it. I even got our neighbors to do the Couch to 5k program. But I think we're going to do the Turkey Trot together.  

3. Meet my goal weight. I'm shooting for 150. Not going to happen unless I don't eat again until Christmas. Since Livy was born (a year ago), I have lost 25 pounds. So there's that. I mean, I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant. And this 25 pound weight-loss doesn't include the 25 I lost in the first week she was out. (Yep, I have 10 pounds of "Livy weight" left.) However, I'm totally discouraged about the lack of weight loss in recent months. 

4. I did go to swimming practice two times. Just didn't work out with the baby and the training schedules. 

So, I set four goals and will not meet any of them. 

2 comments:

  1. oh poo! You are being too hard on yourself. I think you guys need to make sure your water softener is working at your house because there is something maybe in the water. You didn't not meet the goals ... you changed them because they were no longer good goals. You were training for a marathon and decided you hated it. You checked into running groups and they were all yucky. You tried swimming but you have 3 kids - one who just turned one year old and it was impossible. I have two kids both over the age of 6 and I still didn't make it to swimming last week. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Amy said. You're still doing awesome. You're active, involved with your kids, run races and do a great job of supporting Jeremy with his running goals. Those are no small accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete