Several ladies have mentioned that swimming will make labor so much easier and that it's so great to see me working out.
One woman this morning said I look like I could go any second--she couldn't believe I have four weeks until my due date. Don't I know it, Lady?
In the pool this morning, a woman asked me "How many laps do you swim?" When I told her I have no idea because I lose track after about four laps, she asked what my workout is.
- I swim for 20 minutes.
- Then I kick 100 yards.
- Then I rest for a minute or two. Floating is amazing!
- Repeat once or twice, depending on how I'm feeling or what else I have going on.
She acted super amazed that I was doing so much. And that got me thinking for my last kick set. :)
If I compare myself to other people, I'm not doing a lot.
- Jeremy does a lot of working out. He's going for a 10k PR in Nov.
- My SIL did Ironman this summer and just did an 8-mile swim relay this weekend. And she signed up for another Ironman.
- My brother just signed up for his 4th or 5th marathon this year.
- I have lots of friends who are doing 10k or half marathons this fall.
But then, compared to some other friends, I am working out a bunch.
So, what it comes down to is that we can't compare to other people. It's all about pushing yourself and competing with your own progress.